Monday, January 23, 2012

Baba Ghanoush

I have a resident at work that makes the most fabulous hummus and tabbouleh. I thought I'd give my hand a try at making something delicious like this. My attempt for tabbouleh was a fail. While the bowl of tabbouleh looked amazing, it was flavorless and bland. I also tried making falafel, and they fell apart in the frying pan. The only part of the meal that was worth eating was the baba ghanoush. It was absolutely amazing, and I think I like it even more than hummus!

-Sarah


Baba Ghanoush

From the Better Homes and Gardens "Garden Fresh Meals" cookbook

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
Pita bread rounds, toasted

1. Preaheat oven to 400*F. Halve the eggplant lengthwise and place, cut sides down, on a baking sheet lined with foil. Prick skin all over with a fork. Bake about 25 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Peel eggplant; cut eggplant into chunks. Transfer eggplant to a food processor or blender; add the lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
3. Transfer dip to a bowl; stir in the parsley. Serve with toasted pita bread.







Failed attempts:


No comments:

Post a Comment