Monday, January 23, 2012

Cream Cheese Tarts

The lovely thing about Facebook is that it customizes my ads to: me! I was re-directed to an amazing website where I found a delicious quick-and-easy dessert. The first time I made these, I forgot the Nilla wafers, and so the cheesecake was difficult to eat without making a mess. The second time I made them, I followed the recipe to a T and it came out perfect. Enjoy!

-Sarah


Cream Cheese Tarts

Ingredients:
2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 21oz cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350*F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of muffin pan (12 total). Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Place a vanilla wafer FLAT side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers filling each to about 1/4 inch from top of paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely before filling. When you remove the tarts from the oven, they will be puffed up, but as they cool, the center will sink, creating the perfect well to fill with a couple of spoonfuls of your favorite filling. Chill thoroughly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment